What is Nexium (Esomeprazole)?
Nexium (Esomeprazole) belongs to the class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). It blocks the production of acid in the stomach. In other words, the Nexium (Esomeprazole) is meant to treat GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. Besides, it also treats other conditions of the body involving excessive stomach acid like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, and may also prevent ulcers caused by infection with helicobacter pylori. Nexium (Esomeprazole) is produced by Beximco Pharma.
How should I take Nexium (Esomeprazole)?
The intake of the medicine should be done by the patient exactly as prescribed by the doctor. It is a regular medicine that comes as a delayed-release capsule taken once a day 1 hour before the meal by mouth with a glass full of water. Sometimes, when it is used to treat certain conditions in which the stomach produces too much of acid it is recommended to be taken twice a day. Do not take the medicine in larger or smaller amount or for longer than recommended.
What happens if I miss a dose?
In case the patient misses a dose then he or she should take a missed dose as soon remembers. The patient should never take double dose of Nexium (Esomeprazole) to make up for the loss as this may increase the risk of side effects. In short, a skipped dose should only be taken by the patient if the next dose is not due.
What are the dosage forms and strengths of Nexium (Esomeprazole)?
Talking about the dosage forms and strengths of Nexium (Esomeprazole) we get to know that it is prepared in capsule form: 20 mg and 40 mg, Intravenous: 20 mg and 40 mg, and oral suspension: 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg. The medicine should always be stored at room temperature away from heat and sunlight.
What are the side effects of Nexium (Esomeprazole)?
Here below are mentioned some of the side effects of Nexium (Esomeprazole) that a patient should know and report about the same to the doctor.
Most Common Side Effects:
- Uneven heart rate
- Jittery feeling
- Muscle cramps
Other Side effects include:
- Dry mouth
What are the precautions that a patient should take while using Nexium (Esomeprazole)?
- In case the patient is allergic to any medicinal drug such as Prevacid, Protonix, Aciphex, or Dexilant should inform the doctor about the same.
- The patient should also tell doctor about all other medications being taken as the use of Nexium (Esomeprazole) along with them may increase the risk of side effects.
- In case the patient has had a lower level of magnesium in blood or suffer from liver disease should also tell the doctor about it.
- In case of pregnancy or a breast-feeding mom the patient should tell the doctor about her condition before she starts taking the medicine.
- It will be good if the patient does not take alcohol alongwith Nexium (Esomeprazole) to avoid side effects.
Note: Buy Nexium (Esomeprazole) online for safe and quick delivery.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.