Terazosin is a popular selective alpha 1 antagonist medication indicated for the therapy of indicative enlarged prostate. This drug simply blocks negative impacts of adrenaline on soft muscle walls of human urinary bladder.
This medicine belongs to family of medications known as alpha adrenergic blockers. This drug has been derived from effective quinazoline, and thus functions as an adrenergic receptor blocking agent.
The generic composition of this exclusive medicine is Terazosin, and it is marketed by business name called Hytrin.
Terazosin causes vasodilatation therefore decreasing blood pressure. It also relaxes soft bladder wall to ease the procedure of passage of essential urine in males. The drug can be used in the treatment of hypertension and enlarged prostate.
Benign prostatic enhancement – In this symptom the medicine functions by creating the passage of urine effortless by relaxing the soft bladder muscle.
Hypertensive patients – It simply dilates arteries and blood vessels hence reducing high blood pressure efficiently.
It is best option for people who are facing both hypertension and enlarged prostate.
How to Take Terazosin?
This drug is used treating the hypertension as well as prostate enlargement.
- For this condition, the standard dose should be 1mg that should be taken at night.
- If the current treatment needs, the dose can also be increased slowly, i.e. 2, 4, 8 mg and so on.
- It is found in clinical trials that with a dose of 10 mg, desired effects can be observed within four to six weeks of the treatment.
- Initial dose must be 1 mg and must be increased slowly.
- Patients’ positive response with the initial dose should be taken into consideration to determine the quantity required for progression in the therapy, which is normally 5 mg a day.
- However, many patients respond positively to a dose of about 5mg a day, but in a few cases the dose need to be increased up to 20 mg to accomplish proper outcomes.
Some of the usual side effects of Terazosin include nausea, fatigue, blurred vision, stuffy nose, headache, drowsiness, etc.
- If you are allergic to Terazosin, you must avoid taking it.
- When treatment with Terazosin is being administered, great care must be taken in order to keep a right record of patient’s blood pressure fluctuations.
- Before taking this medicine, you must share your medical history with your medical practitioner.
- This medication may cause dizziness therefore it is suggested to avoid operating big machines and driving.
- Senior individuals need to take this drug under strict medical observation as they may have to cope with unwanted side effects.
- The medicine should be thoroughly monitored when administered in conjunction with any other medicines. It found that this drug works great when administered with beta blockers.
- Pregnant women are highly recommended that they must consult with a medical practitioner before start taking this drug.
- You must avoid taking alcohol or smoking while taking this drug as it may cause severe side effects.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.