This medicine is prescribed for treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. It may be given alone or in combination with other medications for treatment of high blood pressure. Controlling and reducing high blood pressure lowers the risk of other complications arising because of it like heart attack, stroke or any kidney problem. It is also indicated for use to treat heart failure in people who have had a heart attack. It may be prescribed for any other condition by your doctor. It is available in 1.25mg, 2.5mg, 5mg and 10mg capsules form.
Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor or angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor. There are some chemicals in your body which are responsible for narrowing of blood vessels, Ramipril works by blocking these chemicals thereby relaxing and widening the blood vessels and allowing easy flow of blood. This helps in lowering the blood pressure. This medicine has to be taken for a longer span of time and should not be stopped before consulting the doctor. The medicine works more efficiently when it is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor for the full prescribed period. For the medicine to work effectively a constant level should be maintained at all time in the body, so it is important to take the medicine at evenly distributed intervals and exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take Ramipril
This medicine can be taken orally with water exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule as whole.
Recommended adult dose for high blood pressure is 2.5mg once daily. The dosage varies from person to person as it depends on the severity of the medical condition the patient is suffering from and also on his age, sex and weight.
Take the medicine regularly. If you miss any dose then take it as soon as you remember but do not take two doses together. Do not alter dose without consulting your doctor.
There may be certain side effects of this medicine like nausea, dizziness, and headache, fatigue, swelling in the facial parts, stomach ache, diarrhea or any other. If you find any symptom persists or turns fatal then immediately take medical help.
- Read the instruction leaflet which comes along the medicine, thoroughly.
- Before starting on the medicine inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicine. If you are taking any medicine then even that should be informed so that two medicines do not have adverse interaction.
- Inform your doctor any disease you are or were suffering from like that of heart, kidney, liver, diabetes or any other. In fact state your full medical history before starting with Ramipril.
- Consult doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking this medicine.
- Drink plenty of water along with the medicine.
- You may need to go in for regular blood pressure checkups to see the response of the medicine and follow up the treatment.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store at room temperature.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.