Losartan (Cozaar) is an oral medication used to treat hypertension and high blood pressure. This drug belongs to angiotensin receptor blocker class. FDA approved this medicine in April, 1995. This medication was released for clinical use in the year of 2010.
It was the first angiotensin II antagonist, which was highly marketed under the Cozaar business name. It is also available in the generic form to choose from.
However, Losartan is basically prescribed for eliminating or reducing hypertension and blood pressure, but it is also found very effective in various other health problems.
- It has been proved to be highly effective in reducing the risk of heart stroke and attack in the heart patients.
- This drug is also very effective in eliminating the growth of Type 2 diabetes.
- Losartan could be prescribed to the people of more than 50 years of age, who can’t be able to cope with other type of heavy receptors.
- Effective outcomes of this medication have been observed in reducing Proteinuria, in which this drug functions to decrease protein in urine so that kidneys can be saved from damage.
- This effective medication offers great relief to body and mind. Therefore, allows people to keep-up with their ordinary routine effortlessly.
Losartan works through relaxing body muscles as well as dilating the available blood vessels, thereby simply reducing the high blood pressure. This medication has been found very effective in the treatment of high blood pressure and hypertension.
How to Take Losartan?
Losartan (Cozaar) is available in oral tablets that could be taken with or without meal. Initially, the dosage of this medicine must begin low and steadily enhanced over the course.
The initial dose of this medication for adult patients is 20 to 25 mg. 100 mg is considered as the maximum dose. Moreover, the dosage of this medication for the kids of 6 years or above should be 0.7mg per kilogram to 50mg, which should be taken only once every single day.
While taking this drug, you may encounter a few usual side effects that may include:
- Flu or cold symptoms such as sneezing, stuffy nose, fever, sore throat
- Dry cough
- Pain in back or legs
- Muscle cramps
- Dizziness, headache
- Feeling tired
- And insomnia.
However, this drug is very useful in treating several diseases like high blood pressure and hypertension, but still you need to take a few precautions into account.
- This effective drug must not be taken by pregnant women. Moreover, lactating mothers also need to consult the physician before taking this drug.
- You mustn’t forget informing your doctor if you’re taking any other drugs in order to avoid any types of side effects.
- In case of having any kind of liver, heart and kidney disease, you mustn’t forget consulting your physician.
- You must inform your doctor if you’re allergic to this medication.
- Always take this drug under the strict supervision of a certified medical professional.
- If you forget taking the medicine, you should not try to take it twice as it may cause adverse effects.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.