Available in doses of 1.25mg and 2.5mg, Indapamide is used for the treatment of fluid retention or edema as a result of congestive heart failure. The active ingredient in Lozol is indapamide, which is an oral diuretic. It is also used in combination with other medicines or as such for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure.
Use of Indapamide is associated with unstable potassium and uric acid levels in the body. It is recommended to keep a tab on them while on a dose of Indapamide. Using Indapamide could result in frequent urination and this might lead to a disturbed sleep. So, it is not advisable to use Indapamide after 6pm. Indapamide might also find itself handy in remedying other medical conditions.
Indapamide effects its miracle by pushing out excess water from the body through urine. The Indapamide content in Indapamide works to inhibit re-absorption of water and electrolytes in the body. This is because of the effect of Indapamide on the distal tubule in the kidney and the cortical diluting segment of the kidney.
For the best results, don't forget to take the medicine as directed by the physician. You could be asked to undergo some lab tests and checkups before and after you take up Indapamide to test its effectiveness and its reactions on the body.
How to take Indapamide
Indapamide could be taken on an empty stomach, or it could be taken in with a full stomach. The physician would be the best person to help you out with the ideal dose.
The ideal dose for individuals may vary according to their age, gender and weight. The dose also depends on the medical condition the patient might find himself. Ideally, a dose of 1.25mg in the morning is recommend as a treatment for cases of high blood pressure.
The dose may be varied as per the progress of the patient. Adults are supposed to consume 2.5mg of Indapamide for treatment of edema. The dose might be raised to 5mg daily on the doctor’s advice if satisfactory results are not seen even after a week.
Overdose of Indapamide could be detrimental to overall health. So, be sure to consult a physician if an overdose is encountered. Always consume Indapamide exactly as prescribed by the physician. Never take a double dose to compensate for a dose you forgot.
Some side-effects like a dry throat, dehydration, weakness, dizziness, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, headache or others might be experienced. Immediate medical assistance should be sought if any of these become severe.
- The physician should be consulted in case pregnant women, nursing women, the elderly or if the children have to consume Indapamide.
- Intimate your physician of all allergies you might be having. He or she would be the ideal person to say if Indapamide would react with the medicine or not.
- Do discuss all complications of the heart, liver, kidney, gout, diabetes, lupus or any other with your doctor before trying out Indapamide.
- The physician might ask you to undergo some lab or medical tests to gauge the compatibility of Indapamide with you.
- A potassium supplement might be prescribed for you, but never try to do it on your own.
- Indapamide results in frequent urination, and hence there could be some dehydration..
- Be aware of all the precautions to be taken before subscribing to Indapamide and be sure to read all instructions on the prescription label.
- Be sure to be in time for regular checkups.
- Store Indapamide at room temperature.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.