Skin reactions that are allergic in nature like hives or contact dermatitis are often treated with the help of Hydroxyzine. Anxiety, depression and tension or stress is also treated with Hydroxyzine’s help in the form of sedatives. It helps in relieving vomiting tendency or nausea, not to be used in pregnancy. There are other symptoms that can be cured with Hydroxyzine that has not been mentioned. The medicine is available as regular or dispersible tablets as well as oral solutions.
The main component of Atarax is Hydroxyzine. Besides being anti-histamine drug inhibiting the natural chemical of histamine from producing the allergic reactions, Hydroxyzine also reduces the activities of the central nervous systems thus rendering its sedative qualities. One will be able to get the best benefits of this drug if its amount is constant in the blood stream during the given time period. To make this happen the medicine should be taken just as prescribed and at regular well-paced time intervals.
How to take Hydroxyzine
Following the doctor’s prescription word by word is the best way to administer Hydroxyzine not less or not more. It can be taken orally with a full glass of water. The oral suspensions should be taken with the help of a precise measuring cup.
Dosage depends on various factors like patient’s age, gender, body mass, etc along with severity of the medical condition for which one is being treated.
Doses should be taken on time and should not be missed. In case of any missed dose the medicine should be taken immediately upon remembering. Two doses should not be taken at once. Doctors’ should be informed at the earliest on any news of overdose.
The various side effects include tremors or seizures, dizziness and headache, confusing blurred vision, various parts of body might get swollen, severely dry mouth etc. If these symptoms get extreme then one should rush to the doctors.
The most important precautionary measure is to read the prescription label of the medicine through and through before the onset of the first dose. The other precautions include:
- One should inform the doctors about the allergic reactions to medicines if any. Before combining any other medicine with Hydroxyzine doctors must be notified so as any dire situations involving reactions amongst medicines can be avoided.
- Any previous diseases especially that of kidney, liver, heart or any vital organs should be in the physician’s knowledge before prescribing.
- Pregnant or suckling mothers must seek a doctor’s advice before having this medicine.
- Since this drug has sedative qualities one should not engage in activities that demand you to stay alert like driving after having it..
- Consuming alcohol should be avoided since it aggravates the side effects of Hydroxyzine.
- Children should not be exposed to this medicine.
- Storage conditions are at cool and dry place at room temperature.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.