Cardura (Doxazosin) or Carduran is a Quinazole compound. It is used for the treatment of human urinary retention related with BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia as well as high blood pressure. Benign prostatic hyperplasia can be followed by several issues such as problem in urinating, painful urination, urgency, and several other problems.
Doxozosin is usually sold under the popular brand names Carduran and Cardura. It was approved by FDA on February 22, 2005. The drug must be stored at a room temperature of about 25 degree Celsius. Moisture and heat may tamper with contents of the drug therefore must be stored away.
Cardura is an effective drug when it comes to dealing with urine related issues.
- This drug is highly effective for treating BPH and urine retention issues
- Doxazosin has found really effective in eliminating or reducing the intensity of nightmares and night terrors.
- This drug can also be very effective in the dealing of erectile dysfunction.
Doxazosin (Cardura) is a quinazole compound. Therefore it is very effective drug in the treatment of urinary retention problems. The drug contains significant properties that help reducing the several urine related problems.
How to Take Cardura?
It is always recommended to take this medication under the supervision of a medical practitioner. The medicine is available in two forms i.e. extended release tablet and regular tablet. Patients can take it with or without meal. Remember, you shouldn’t crush or chew the extended-release tablet.
Patients need to take only 1mg tablet a day if they are being treated thoroughly for high blood pressure. Moreover, the amount of dosages can increase about 16 mg depending on how gradually patients are responding to this treatment. Patients need to take only 1mg tablet regularly especially in case of BPH. Dosage amount could be enhanced up to 8mg.
You shouldn’t stop taking medication without consulting the doctor. If you stopped taking this drug abruptly, you may encounter adverse effects. Let’s check out the following less serious side effects of this drug.
- Runny nose
- Drowsiness, tired feeling
- And mild dizziness
- Liver is often stressed while ejecting the medicine from the body. Therefore, in case of having liver diseases, you need to inform the doctor before using the drug.
- You mustn’t forget consulting your doctor if you’re using any of the following medicines: antihistamines, medications for urinary or ulcers issues and drugs for erectile dysfunction such as Cialis, Viagra. Remember, Carduran might interfere with these medications and thus could be less effective.
- If you are going to face any surgery (eye, dental), you mustn’t forget informing concerned medical practitioner that you’re on this drug. It should be done to prevent harsh effects.
- Elderly people should take this medication under strict observation of a physician.
- It is not a safe drug for use especially during pregnancy. So, if you are or are going to be pregnant, you must avoid taking this medication. Moreover, you mustn’t forget informing the medical practitioner if you’re breastfeeding.
- Further, diet pattern must be as directed by the physician. You must decrease the amount of salt especially sodium content in your meals.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.