Cloxacillin is an antibiotic used for treatment of infections caused by staphylococcus bacteria. Which are also known as ‘staph’ infections like pneumonia, septicemia, osteomyelitis, endocarditic etc or any other infection. It may be prescribed for any other infection not mentioned here, by your doctor. It is not effective for viral infections like cold, flu etc. This medicine is available in 250mg and 500mg capsules and suspension formulation of 120mg per 5ml.
It works by inhibiting the biosynthesis of cell wall mucopeptides. Active ingredient in Tegopen is cloxacillin which is penicillinase-resistant, acid resistant, semi synthetic penicillin. It exerts a bactericidal action against susceptible microorganisms in the stage of active multiplication. It gets readily absorbed in blood. Peak plasma concentration can be seen within one to two hours of administration. The medicine works more effectively if full course is taken and completed, as recommended by the doctor.
How to take Cloxacillin
The medicine should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Take the dose with glass full of water on empty stomach or one or two hours before or after meals, as directed by the doctor.
The medicine should be taken preferably at same time everyday and at evenly spaced interval for it to work effectively and maintain a constant level in the body. Avoid skipping any dose. If you miss any dose then take it as soon as you remember, if it is too close to the next dose then do not take as two doses should not be taken together.
Do not crush or chew the tablet take it as whole. Dosage depends upon the type and severity of the disease, age, sex and weight of the patient. After considering all the factors doctor may recommend a proper dosage which may vary from person to person.
There may be certain side effects like breathing difficulty, seizures, nausea, diarrhea, swellings, allergies or rashes, pains and aches, vaginal yeast infection, vomiting, headache or any other symptom. If you find any side effect lasting longer than usual or turning serious or fatal then immediately inform your doctor and seek medical help.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any medical disease like that of heart, liver, kidney, diabetes or any other. Before taking the medicine disclose your full past and present medical history.
- Consult doctor before taking the medicine if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you are allergic to any medicine inform your doctor. If you are taking medicine for any other medical condition then tell doctor about it to avoid any adverse interaction.
- This medicine may make birth control pill ineffective so if you are taking or planning to take the pills then consult doctor.
- If the medicine is being taken for a prolonged period then regular assessment of organ system function including hepatic, renal etc is necessary.
- Keep out of reach of children and should be given to children under medical supervision only.
- Store in cool and dry place and at room temperature.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.