This medicine contains active ingredient called atenolol. It is prescribed for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure and to treat angina or chest pain. It is also used as treatment of prevention of a heart attack. Atenolol helps control blood pressure because of which risks of many other conditions like heart attack, stroke, kidney disorder reduces. It also reduces deaths due to heart problems after a heart attack. It may be prescribed for any other medical condition not mentioned here. It is available in 50mg and 100mg tablet forms.
This medicine belongs to beta blocker group of medicines. This medicine works by inducing smooth flow of blood thereby reducing the work load of heart which can pump blood more easily and effectively. Do not stop taking the medicine without consulting doctor as it may prove to be fatal. For the medicine to work efficiently it is important to take it regularly as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken at same time every day as prescribed by the doctor for it to work more efficiently and give easy and fast results.
How to take Atenolol
This medicine can be taken orally with or without food, exactly as directed by doctor.
The dosage depends on the severity of the condition of the patient and also on age, weight and sex of the patient. Adult dosage is usually 50mg once in a day or as prescribed by your doctor. It may be increased or decreased after the doctor regulates the patient’s condition for a few days or weeks.
Do not skip any dose. If you miss any dose then take it as soon as you remember. Make sure not to take any two doses together. In case of overdose immediately take medical help.
There may be certain side effects of the medicine like nausea, diarrhea, headache, fatigue, and dizziness, irregular heartbeat, swelling of body parts, stomach pain, insomnia, anxiety or any other. If any symptom persists or becomes severe then immediately take medical help and contact your doctor.
- Read the prescription label given along the medicine properly.
- If you have any disease of heart, kidney, liver or any other then inform your doctor.
- In case you are allergic to any medicine inform your doctor about it. If you are taking any medicine along with Atenolol then ask your doctor if it is safe to take the medicine.
- In case of pregnancy or breast feeding consult doctor before taking Atenolol.
- Do not take fruit juices along with the medicine.
- Do not drive alone while taking this medicine as it may make you drowsy.
- You need to go in for regular pressure checkups. Along with this medicine patient needs to do exercise, control diet, make changes in lifestyle to control blood pressure.
- If you go in for any surgery inform your doctor or dentist that you are taking Atenolol.
- Store at room temperature and away from moisture and sunlight.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.