There are no products matching the selection.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen: Medical Facts You Should Know About ThisBirth-Control Drug
What is Ortho Tri-Cyclen?
Ortho Tri-Cyclen is a very effective drug used to prevent pregnancy. It also treats disorders of menstrual cycle in women. This drug has a combination of both progestin and estrogen hormones. The drug is available in different doses.
It increases the levels of both progestins and estrogen to prevent ovulation in females. This would automatically restrict pregnancy. The drug belongs to the family of oral contraceptive pills.
The drug can also be used to treat acne in women. Androgens produce sebum causing acne in women. The drug restricts the amount of androgen produced in the body thereby reducing acne.Ortho Tri-Cyclen got FDA approval to treat acne problem in women.
How to use the drug
You should use Ortho Tri-Cyclen according to the instructions of your doctor. You can also check the label of the medicine for exact dosing schedule. However you can orally take the drug before or after food.
You should start the drug on the first day of your menstrual cycle. You should try to take the drug in regular intervals for better result. Do not make a gap of more than 24 hours between doses.
In case you miss a dose of the drug, take it as soon as you remember it. You should not overdose yourself with the drug. Instead you should continue with your next dose at scheduled interval.
Do not extend or reduce the dose of the drug without consulting your doctor. Do not stop the drug abruptly without consulting a medical expert.
You should keep certain things in mind before starting Ortho Tri-Cyclen.
• Do not use the drug if you are allergic to it.
• Avoid the drug during pregnancy.
• You should not take the drug if you have a medical history of brain disorder, blood disorder, heart problems, cancer or liver problems.
• Do not take the drug if you are using troleandomycin.
• Lactating mothers should take the drug only on advice of a medical expert.
• Inform your doctor about all kinds of prescription and non-prescription drugs that you take before starting medication of the drug.
• Avoid smoking or taking alcohol during medication of the drug to avoid reactions.
• Consult your doctor before starting the drug if you have tumor in the uterus or pancreatitis.
5 Top Benefits of the Drug
Ortho Tri-Cyclen is popularly used as a birth control pill. It is very effective in restricting pregnancy. The important benefits of the drug are:
• It prevents pregnancy in women.
• It also clears the skin from acne infection.
• It also improves conditions of acne vulgaris.
• It gets easily metabolized by liver.
• It is very safe and active drug.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.