Aygestin- Medical Facts You Should Know About This Hormonal Drug
What is Aygestin?
Aygestin is popularly used to prevent abnormal bleeding of the uterus in women. The drug is also used to treat medical condition such as having continuous menstrual periods for months. Doctors also prescribe the drug to treat endometriosis. The active ingredient of the drug is called Norethindrone. This is very similar to female hormone progestin.
Aygestin works in a way to correct hormonal imbalances to restore normal conditions of menstrual cycles. The drug has established its name in the drug industry. Doctors highly prescribe the drug because it is safe and effective.
How can it help you?
Aygestin is very popularly used to treat medical conditions in women. It can treat variety of problems arising out of hormonal imbalance in women. The drug can treat medical conditions called amenorrhea in case of women who are not having menopause or are pregnant. The drug can correct irregular and painful menstrual periods in women.
In women where the inner lining of the uterus comes out in the pelvic area is also treated by the drug effectively. The drug acts in such a way to make the growth of the lining of the uterus proper naturally correcting all the imbalances. It is very similar to naturally produced hormone called progesterone by your body.
You should keep certain things in mind before starting Aygestin. Though the drug is highly safe but still you need to be cautious to avoid interactions. The necessary precautions are:
• Take the dose as prescribed in the instruction manual or consult a doctor for the dosage details.
• Do not take the drug without consulting a medical expert if you have any kind of lung liver or kidney problem.
• You should take Aygestin after food to maximize the effect of the drug.
• The duration of the drug depends on your medical condition and your response to the treatment.
• You should not stop the drug abruptly even if symptoms disappear without completing your course.
• Do not take the drug if you are allergic to it.
• Keep a gap of at least 15 minutes between drugs to avoid reaction.
• Do not drive immediately after taking the drug as the drug might make you feel dizzy for some time.
Store the drug in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children and pets. The drug is only meant for the use of women. Pregnant women and lactating mothers should not use the drug without medical supervision. Do not double dose yourself to make up for a missed dose of the drug. You should not suggest Aygestin to people having similar conditions without consulting a doctor.