Adalat (Nifedipine) - Medical Facts You Should Know About This Antianginal and Antihypertensive Drug
Nifedipine belongs to the group of Calcium Channel Broker (CCB). This medication is used to control chest pain (angina) and hyper tension (high blood pressure).
Nifedipine was produced by Bayer, a reputed German pharmaceutical company. The initial studies on the drug were undertaken in the year of 1970. This drug is approved by FDA.
How To Use This Drug
The dose of the drug is recommended as per the condition of the patient. It is recommended that medication should be taken orally on an empty stomach. The drug may be taken once in a day in dosages of 30 mg to 60 mg. If the patient needs to stop the treatment, care must be taken to tapper it off. It is very important that it is not stopped suddenly as it may cause adverse effects on the health.
• This medication should not be taken if the patient is allergic to this drug.
• Consulting a doctor is recommended if the patient have stomach surgery in past, or suffering from blockage in digestive system, underactive thyroid, congestive heart failure or diabetes.
• The medication should not be stopped without the concern of the doctor, in the middle of the treatment.
• The patients suffering from Kidney or Liver diseases should consult doctor before taking Nifedipine.
• Patient taking treatment with Nifedipine, if requires any kind of surgery of stomach or dental then they should inform their doctor.
• The dizziness caused due to the intake of this medication can be prolonged, during which patient should neither drive nor use heavy machineries.
Possible Drug Interaction
Nifedipine can interact with inhibitors of CYP3A. This interaction can cause undesirable effects. Nifedipine is mainly eliminated by metabolism and is a substrate of CYP3A.
The exposure of the Nifedipine can be increased if it is taken with Nefazodone, Saquinair, Fluoxentine, Indinavir and Ritonavir. If the medication is strictly necessary, it recommended to be administered in the smallest doses.
5 Top Benefits of Nifedipine
There are so many advantages you will enjoy from this medication. Here are the top 5:
1. Nifedipine can be ordered online and is available at affordable price.
2. This medication can be bought without prescription and can be received with overnight shipping.
3. It can regulate blood pressure and thereby reduces hypertension.
4. This medication dilates and relaxes the coronary blood vessels.
5. This drug come with minimum side effects and is FDA approved.