Indocin (Indomethacin) – Medical Facts You Should Know About This Drug
Indomethacin belongs to the family of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory medicine. It is used for the treatment of pain, stiffness and swelling in various body parts and also fever. Some of the brand names under which is marketed are Indo-Lemmon and Indocin.
Indocin as it was discovered in 1963 and was approved by FDA in the year 1965.
How to use Indocin?
Use Indocin only under medical supervision. The dosage amount depends on your health and how well you respond to the treatment. For children, body weight is also taken into consideration.
It is available in many forms: tablets, extended-release capsules and oral suspension. Tablets should be taken orally with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without meals. Antacids can also be taken to prevent stomach disorders.
Ensure that you swallow the capsule as a whole. Do not crush or chew it. The oral suspension dosage should be carefully measured in the measuring cup and then administered.
Do not sleep or lie down as soon as you take the medicine. It is always advisable to stay active for about 10 minutes of intake.
Do not take extra does in order to make up with the missed ones.
Indocin should be stored at room temperature. Do not refrigerate the oral suspension. See to it that you keep it away from light and moisture.
Throw away the medicine after its expiry date.
What Precautions should be taken when using Indocin?
• Inform your doctor about any other medicines you have been prescribed.
• Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any non-steroidal medicines. If yes, then there are chances that you may develop allergy towards Indocin also.
• People with liver diseases, kidney diseases, asthma, and heart related problems must consult doctor before taking this medicine.
• Tobacco and alcohol when used with this medicine can cause internal bleeding in the stomach. Hence avoid alcohol consumption and smoking throughout the medication period.
• Consult your doctor before administering this medicine to elderly people and children.
• Indocin should not be used during pregnancy especially during the first and the last trimesters. It can cause harm to the baby and difficulty in delivery.
• It passes into breast milk. Hence consult your doctor before taking it if you are breastfeeding.
Benefits of using Indocin
• Indocin is highly effective in treating low blood pressure symptoms.
• It is also excellent in treating ankylosing spondylitis.
• This is an FDA approved drug, so there is no doubt about its safety.
• You can easily find this drug sold online and offline.
• This medication is economically priced and hence, easy to purchase and use
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.