Zebeta – Beta Blockers
Bisoprolol has been marketed under the generic name Zebeta; it belongs to a class of drugs known as beta blockers. The prescription is used in the treatment of variety of heart related ailments owing to its adrenergic receptor blocking properties. The drug has been approved by the FDA and has been manufactured and marketed by Duramed Pharmaceutical Company and Mutual pharmaceuticals.
Zebeta is used in the treatment of congestive heart failure, instances where blood flow to the heart is decreased, prophylaxis of heart attack and in the treatment of hypertension.
How to use the drug:
Zebeta is consumed orally with or without food, as directed by the doctor. The usual dosage is once or twice daily and dosage would depend on the medical condition of the victim. The medicine is to be used regularly, preferably on the day time every day to benefit from the treatment.
It is common for the physician to alter dosage frequently to evaluate its action, it is not advisable to miss doses or skip the drug without advice from the doctor as this could worsen heart health.
Blood pressure needs to be monitors while on Zebeta treatment and could be discontinued for a short duration prior to surgery. The medicine acts best in the treatment of CCF when coupled with proper diet and exercise. The blister pack of the medicine is to be stored at room temperature.
Precautions and contraindications:
People who are allergic to Bisoprolol should not use the prescription. Zebeta is not intended in few medical conditions such as problems with rhythm of the heart, block in heart septum and in severe cardiac failure. Patients with history of emphysema, bronchitis, kidney disorders, liver disease and hyperthyroidism should use the prescription with caution, after consultation with the physician.
Zebeta also affects some symptoms of low blood sugar level such as fast and pounding heart. It is also hard to control blood glucose levels while on treatment with this beta blocker. The drug could cause mild dizziness and it is not advisable to operate machinery or drive vehicles and attempt tasks that require constant alertness. The drug is not intended for use during pregnancy and breast feeding as it could pass breast milk and affect the baby.
Benefits of the drug:
• Zebeta is proven to be beneficial in the treatment of high blood pressure, prophylaxis in heart attacks and to treat heart failure
• It is used successfully in cardiac ischemia to decrease the activity of heart muscles, and decrease its demand for oxygen and nutrients.
• It has excellent blood pressure lowering properties, thereby helping to prevent instances of stroke and renal failure
• Bisoprolol has stronger anti-hypertensive properties than most similar class drugs.
• It inhibits secretion of renin and lowers instance of tachycardia (increased rate of heart) by more than 60%.