Astelin (Azelastine) – Medical Facts You Should Know About This Antihistamine
Azelastine belongs to the family of antihistamines.
It is sold under various brand names such as Rhinolast, Allergodil, Lastin, Azep and many others. It was first manufactured by Meda Pharmaceuticals Inc. Astelin is used for the treatment of nasal problems like runny nose, itching, sneezing and many others. It was approved by FDA in 1996.
Histamine is a substance that is produced in our bodies which is responsible for itching in nose, sneezing, runny nose and many other problems. Astelinreduces the production of this histamine and thus provides relief from the problems.
How to use Astelin?
Consult your doctor before using Astelin. The dosage amount is dependent on your health condition and how you respond to the treatment.
Shake the medicine container well before priming it to the spray pump. Spray once or twice in both the nostrils. Use the medicine once or twice in a day. Ensure that you take the medicine everyday for better results. Do not spray it near your eyes and mouth.
No harm is caused if you miss any doses. Ensure that you do not take extra doses in order to make up with the missed ones.
The medicine should be stored at temperatures between 20 to 25 degrees C. Keep it away from moisture and heat. Do not refrigerate the medicine.
Throw away the medicine after its expiry date.
What Precautions should be taken when using Astelin?
• Astelin contains many inactive ingredients and preservatives which can cause allergic reactions. Hence, you need to inform your doctor if you are allergic to any of its components.
• People suffering from kidney disease should use this medicine only after consulting a doctor.
• Inform your doctor about all the medications you have been prescribed. Astelin may interact with those medicines to cause harmful side effects.
• Alcoholic beverage consumption should be stopped.
• This medicine is usually not administered to pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding as this may cause to the baby.
What are the benefits of Astelin?
Asteling comes with many benefits some of which are given below:
• This is an FDA approved drug and hence, it is safe for use.
• It can be used with other medicines for treatment of various nasal problems.
• It is very effective.
• The medicine offers long-lasting effect; it can last as long as 12 hours.
• It is convenient to use especially for those people who cannot swallow tablets.
• It is readily available at comes with an affordable price tag. Hence it can be purchased by anybody who wishes to use it both online and offline.