NORVASC (Amlodipine)-Medical Facts You Need To Know About This drug
What is Norvasc?
Norvasc is an antihypertensive medication. The generic name of Norvasc is Amlodipine. This is a drug that decreases blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels. Amlodipine is also a long-lasting calcium channel blocker. Norvasc is marketed by Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. Norvasc is FDA approved and used for the treatment for:
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Coronary Artery disease:
• Chronic stable Angina
• Vasopastic Angina
How To Use The Drug?
Norvasc is available is the form of 2.5 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg tablets. Norvasc should be taken once in a day with or without food. The dosage for adults should not exceed 10 mg once daily. Norvasc can be prescribed for children above 6 years. The dosage for children is prescribed according to the condition, weight and age of the patient.
Precautions And Contraindications Regarding Norvasc
• People allergic to Amlopidine should not take this drug.
• Consult your doctor, prior taking Norvasc if you have aortic steno sis, liver, kidney, problems or recent congestive heart failure.
• Consult your doctor if you are on any Beta blockers such as Inderal, Betapace, Biocarden, cored, cogard, innopran, Iopressor, tenoretic, tenormin, and others.
• Do not drink any alcohol during the treatment with Norvasc.
• Consult your doctor if you are taking any medication related to blood pressure prior taking Norvasc.
• In hepatic impaired patients the Norvasc dose should be lowered.
• This medication is not advisable for pregnant women.
• Norvasc is not also documented safe in lactation so should not be given to new borns.
Top Benefits Of Norvasc
• Norvasc (Amlodipine) is one of the most popular drugs prescribed today for hypertension.
• This is an FDA approved drug, hence, you are sure about its efficacy and safety.
• Norvasc is marketed and manufactured by Pfizer, which is one of the most reputed global pharmacies for its quality drugs. Hence, yu can be doubly sure that this is a drug of highest quality.
• This is an economically priced drug, which makes it convenient for anyone to buy when required.
• Norvasc can be prescribed for a all age people, 6 years onwards.
• Norvasc causes no side effects in majority of cases. In those cases where side effects are felt, these are very limited. Generally, this is a very safe drug.
• Amlodipine is extremely effective for treating hypertension, chronic stable angina and vasopastic angina.